Important Links & Forms
- Special Event Pre-Application Form
- Special Event Application
- 2022 Peak Time Period Calendar - 2023 Calendar coming soon!
- Hold Harmless and Indemnification Form
- Park City Municipal Corporation Special Event Emergency Operations Plan
- Noise Ordinance and Noise Exemption Request Form
- Sustainability Check List
- Field Information for Sports Tournaments
- Trail Event Policy
The Special Events Process
Thank you for considering to host a special event in Park City, Utah. Each year, the Park City event calendar is made up of a unique mixture of events. From internationally recognized to community focused, events create a vibrant community for the people who live here year round and enhance the visitor experience. We assist event applicants in planning events with internal City Departments and jurisdictional partners to create minimal impacts to our mountain town and our community. Below you will find useful tools and tips to help navigate through the Special Event process.
How it Works
- Step 1 - Fill out a Special Event Pre-Application Form
- Step 2 - After a preliminary approval from the Special Events Department, submit a Special Event Application complete with supplemental materials noted in the application
- Step 3 - Evaluation of application and meeting to discuss event details
- Step 4 - Permit issuance
- Step 5 - Once your event is complete, the Special Events Department will go through the debrief process and invoice
- Step 6 - Debrief
Factors to Consider
Special Events Municipal Code
In September of 2018, the City Council adopted major changes to the Park City Municipal Code regarding Special Events. Please take a look at the summary of changes and see if the changes apply to your event. If you have any questions, staff is always available to assist. There is a full link to the Park City Municipal Code Section 4A here.
Special Event Applications can be submitted 18 months in advance, and no later than the deadlines as follows. If your event is considered a Level 1 or 2 Event, you must submit an application at least 30 days in advance to be evaluated administratively by City Staff.
- First Friday in December for events occurring between March and June. Evaluation and approval/denial by end of February.
- First Friday in April for events occurring between July and October. Evaluation and approval/denial by end of June.
- First Friday in August for events occurring between November and February. Evaluation and approval/denial by end of October.
Peak Time Periods
During Peak Time Periods, applications for new Level 3, 4, or 5 events will not be considered. Please review the 2021 Peak Time Period Calendar and 2022 Peak Time Period Calendar before submitting your application.
City Service Fee Reduction
In an effort to increase budgetary expectations for event organizers, the Special Events Department will provide applicants with a city service estimate upon request and upon review of a complete application. Fee reductions for city services associated with Special Events are considered bi-annually.
Fee Reductions may include the following city service fees associated with Special Events: Special Event Permit, Building Department Permit , Public Safety Personnel, Equipment Rental, Field & Parks Rentals, Facility Rentals, Special Use of Public Parking, and Trails Fees. All Fee Reduction Applications must be sent to email@example.com by the following deadlines:
- April 1st for events held July 1 -December 31. Applicants will be notified by May 15.
- October 1st for events held January 1 - June 30. Applicants will be notified by November 15
As part of the application review, staff will work with the City Attorney’s Office to determine liabilities of the event and event insurance requirements. A Certificate of Insurance, as determined by the City Attorney’s office, and a notarized Hold Harmless and Indemnification Form will be required for all permitted events. As you submit your Special Event Application materials, please be sure to inquire about this process with our staff.