Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: Why did Summit County (High Valley Transit) and Park City Municipal (Park City Transit) transition to separate transit systems?

A: Several years ago, Park City and Summit County recognized the growing need for transit service to extend further throughout the county. Both agencies determined Summit County is best suited to work with neighboring communities and build a regional transit system, while Park City Transit is best suited to operate service within Park City.

Q2: When did High Valley Transit service begin?

A: In the Spring of 2021, High Valley Transit began “On-Demand” microtransit service in some Summit County neighborhoods. On July 1, 2021, High Valley Transit launched fixed-route bus service. From that point on, Park City Transit and High Valley Transit will operate separate but coordinated transit systems. To learn more about proposed High Valley Transit routes and schedules, visit

Q3: How do the two separate transit systems operate?

A: Park City Transit continues to operate as a department of Park City Municipal Corporation. Park City Transit operators and staff are employees of Park City Municipal. High Valley Transit is an independent transit district created by the government of Summit County, Utah. As an independent agency, it is overseen by a board of trustees. For more information about High Valley Transit, please visit their website.  

Q4: What transit service will each system operate?

Park City Transit provides local service within Park City Municipal boundaries (on the 1 Red, 2 Green, 4 Orange, 5 Yellow, 6 Silver, 9 Purple,  and seasonal routes like the 3 Blue, 50 Teal, and City-Wide), as well as connections to regional transit hubs (on the 10 White Express). High Valley Transit is focused on providing regional service between areas in Summit, Wasatch and Salt Lake counties and select destinations in Park City. To learn more about High Valley Transit routes and schedules, visit their website.

Q5: Who is guiding decisions about routes, schedules, and service improvements on each system?

A: Park City Municipal and Summit County continue to work closely to ensure a seamless rider experience on two separate transit systems. Moving forward, Park City Municipal will guide any planning and public input processes for routes operated by Park City Transit, and Summit County/High Valley Transit will guide planning and public input process for routes operated by High Valley Transit. Please visit High Valley Transit’s website for more information.

Q6: What happened to ADA/Paratransit service?

Existing ADA/Paratransit riders continue to have access to this service. As of July 2, 2021, Valley Ride operated by High Valley Transit, provides ADA complementary Paratransit service, depending on where the ride ends or begins. 

If your trip starts in Park City Municipal’s boundaries and ends in Summit County outside of these boundaries, Park City Transit is responsible for that trip. For the return trip, you should contact Valley Ride, and they will take you back to Park City. If you need a round trip within Park City, Park City Mobility can schedule and provide the trip. If you need a round trip within Summit County, outside of the city, Valley Ride can schedule and provide the trip. 

All Park City Mobility riders will be automatically eligible for Valley Ride services. For more information on how to enroll you can visit the High Valley website

Q7: Who can I contact for questions about High Valley Transit?

A: Please contact High Valley Transit staff on their website

Q8: Who can I contact for questions about Park City Transit?

A: Please use our digital feedback form here.

Q9: Are dogs/pets allowed on Park City Transit buses?

A: Service animals are welcome, but they must be licensed and leashed at all times. Other types of dogs and pets are not allowed on the buses unless they are in a carrier. Thank you for your understanding.