BUILDING INSPECTIONS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Schedule an inspection through My City Inspector (MCI)
- How to Schedule a Building Inspection - for most permit types
- How to Schedule an Operational Inspection - for operational (fire) permits
Next day inspection when scheduled by 3pm the business day prior.
AM Inspections are from 8am - Noon. PM inspections are Noon to 4pm.
Keep in mind the following when scheduling a building inspection:
- Building inspections are generally scheduled after the building permit is issued.
- Have a paper copy of the Approved Plans and Permit onsite at all times during construction.
- The work to be inspected must be complete and ready for the scheduled inspection.
- Click HERE for the Building Inspection Process Guide.
For building inspection related questions, contact:
Brittney Buchanan, Building Inspector Supervisor
Bendy Olsen, Building Inspector
Bryan Arnold, Sr. Building Inspector
Other helpful webpage & information
- Click HERE for Before you dig / excavate information (under Resources)
- Building Inspection Process Guide
- Certificate of Occupancy Prior to Site Completion Request form
- Certificate of Survey form
- Construction Mitigation Plan (CMP)
- Gas Installation Form (natural gas turn on form)
- Limits of Disturbance (LOD) Inspection Guide
- Restricted Work Dates Exception Request form
If you have any questions or need additional assistance please call 435-615-5101 or EMAIL us.