Nightly Rental License

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Nightly / Short Term Rental Licensing Process

Anyone with the intent to offer lodging for a fee for periods less than 30 days must obtain:

  1. A Nightly Rental License from Park City (if allowed by zoning- view zoning map by clicking here:
  2. A State Sales Tax ID number from the Utah State Tax Commission: or call (801) 297-2200. 
    1. If you are using platforms such as Air BnB or VRBO to list your nightly rental, you will not need to obtain an additional state sales tax number as these platforms will report the taxes on your behalf.
  3. To register a "DBA", please visit the Utah Department of Commerce

Additionally, you must take the following steps to comply with section 4-2-1 & 4-5-3 of Park City’s Municipal Code:

Step 1: Submit the Nightly Rental application to Once the application is processed, you will receive an activity number via email. You will use this activity number to schedule your inspection with the Building Department by calling 435-615-5105.

Step 2: Submit a copy of your passed Nightly Rental Inspection Report by email to

Step 3: Once you have submitted the inspection report, you will receive payment instructions via email. Payments can be made by phone with a credit card or by remitting a check to: PCMC-Finance Department 445 Marsac Ave Box 1480 Park City, Utah 84060.

Nightly Rental applications generally take 15-30 days to approve and are mailed out with a receipt.

*For inquiries, please call 435.615.5231 or email