The Master Planned Development (MPD) provisions set forth use, density, height, parking, design theme, and general site planning criteria for larger and/or more complex projects having a variety of constraints and challenges, such as environmental issues, multiple Zoning Districts, location within or adjacent to transitional areas between different land Uses, and infill redevelopment where the Master Planned Development process can provide design flexibility necessary for well-planned, mixed use developments that are Compatible with the surrounding neighborhood.
Projects that need an MPD include:
- Any Residential project with ten (10) or more Lots.
- Any Residential project with ten (10) or more Residential Unit Equivalents (20,000 square feet).
- Any Hotel or lodging project with ten (10) or more Residential Unit Equivalents (20,000 square feet).
- Any new Commercial, Retail, Office, Public, Quasi-public, mixed-use, or industrial project with 10,000 square feet or more of Gross Floor Area.
- All projects utilizing Transfer of Development Rights Development Credits.