Engineering Applications

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Applications must be complete prior to submission

Engineering Department Information:


As of Oct 15th fees will be changing for Right-of-Way permits and Road Closures





Application #1

Online application:
Work in Public Right of Way

PDF application

A work in the Public Right-of-Way permit is required for any work to be performed in the public right-of-way. On most streets, the public right-of-way extends approximately 10 feet back from curb and gutter. Examples of work requiring a public Right-of-way permit include, but are not limited to, trenching in the street for a new utility or repair and/or replacement, replacement of sidewalk, installation of a drain through the curb, adding a snowmelt system, construction or widening of driveway approach, and dumpsters and/or portable outdoor storage units.

 *As of Oct 15th, the $2000 bond will be replaced with line item prices based on the type and amount of disturbed material.

1) Allow 2 working days for permit processing;

2) Provide a $200 Permit Fee

3) Provide a Guarantee Fee of $2000 which is refundable one year after final completion and inspection

4) Provide Proof of Insurance;

5) Provide proof of Contractor's License.

After applicant has COMPLETED the application (fulfilled the requirement portion of the application) and submits it to the City Engineer's office, the City Engineer will review the application. No work can begin without an approved ROW Permit. Upon approval applicant can begin work. It is the applicant's responsibility to obtain any other required permits, e.g. Road Closure, Parking, Water System Hot Tap to avoid a STOP WORK ORDER.

Application #2 

Online application:

PDF application

*As of Oct 15th, fee for city streets closure will be $50.

A encroachment & snowmelt system permit in city right of way may also be required as part of the permit.

1) Allow 2 working days for permit processing;

2)Exact dates & times are required;

3) A Safety/Traffic Plan is required.

The City Engineer will review the Road Closure Permit. Applicant will be contacted if there are any questions regarding the Road Closure. Your road closure will appear on the website the day before scheduled closure. 
View Road Closures

Application #3

Online application:
Closure of City Sidewalk

PDF application

  *As of Oct 15th, fee for sidewalk closure will be $50.  1) Allow 2 working days for permit processing;

2)Exact dates & times are required;

3) A Safety Plan is required.

 The City Engineer will review the Sidewalk Closure Permit. Applicant will be contacted if there are any questions regarding the Road Closure. If no contact is made the contractor can assume that the Sidewalk Closure has been approved.

Application #5


This permit is needed when a new snowmelt system is to be installed on a property or if there is a request to build on city property.

1) A scaled drawing;

2) The owner of the property must sign the application and have their signature notarized. The signature must match the owner listed on the Title Report.

3) An original signed
application must be submitted. The County will not record a copy.

4. This cannot be stapled or double sided.

The applicant will submit a COMPLETED Encroachment permit application to the City Engineer for approval. Upon approval, the City Engineer's office will mail the permit to the County for recordation at no cost to the applicant. Applicant can hand deliver the approved permit to the County offices. County fees will apply.

Application #6 



Water Service Agreement PDF

Request a Water Meter set for an upgrade or new build.

1) Fill out Water Service Agreement (WSA)

The City Engineer's Office will verify &/or collect payment for the meter and then send agreement to Water Billing for account setup. Once account has been setup Water Billing will notify the Public Improvements Inspector (PII). The PII will then inspect all components of the water meter and service line to Park City Water Standards (click 'WATER METER INSTALLATION PROCESS' for link). The PII will contact the person on the WSA with pass or fail information. Upon passing inspection the Water Department will install the meter.

Application #7


A Request for Water System Hot Tap form is required for water services in which a new connection to the City water line is needed. This includes, but is not limited to, new construction and upgrades of the water meter and/or service line.

1) Allow 3 working days for processing the request.

2) Provide a drawing of the site plan. Include the location of the meter vault and location of the hot tap.

3) Please submit the completed form with all of the contractor information.

After applicant has COMPLETED the form it will be reviewed for efficacy of the desired hot tap. Once it is reviewed the City Engineer's Office will confirm the schedule and procedure for the hot tap with the General Contractor and/or Tapping Contractor.

Application #8


Fire sprinkler protection systems require site specific design and approval by the City Engineer, Park City Building Department, Water Department and the Fire Marshall.

Please read through the application thoroughly.

1) Allow up to 3 business days to process request.

2) Submit the application via e-mail.

The City's Engineering Department will review the application for completeness and forward it to the Park City Water Department for completion.
Application #9
Certificate of Compliance PDF

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer