Park City Council Meeting Summary September 26, 2019
SUMMARY of the SEPTEMBER 26 PARK CITY COUNCIL MEETING
IN THE REGULAR MEETING
Appointment of City Treasurer
City Council appointed Sara Nagel as the Park City Municipal’s Treasurer.
City Treasurer Staff Report
COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES
Park City Municipal Awarded Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement
In August, Park City Municipal was awarded the Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the 2018 fiscal year comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR). This is the 14th consecutive year that PCMC has received the award, which is the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial reporting.
GFOA Award Staff Report
GFOA Certificate of Achievement for FY2018
Permitting Process Task Force Update
The City has formed a task force to identify and prioritize areas for improvement in the application of recently adopted design guidelines and permitting process for Park City’s Historic District and Historic Sites. The group is comprised of architects, contractors, developers, and residents who are tasked with balancing regulation and preservation goals with efficiency, livability and design.
Permitting Process Taskforce Staff Report
City Council Meeting Closed Captioning Service
Council discussed closed captioning services for City Council meetings, which was implemented in January 2019 for a one year pilot. Council is requesting public feedback on the service to gauge its effectiveness and use. Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closed Captioning Service Staff Report
Transportation Demand Management Plan Update
In an effort to support the Critical Community Priority of Transportation and reduce single-occupant vehicle travel, staff has implemented recommended strategies to change travel behavior of residents, commuters, and visitors. Staff provided an update on the implementation process, highlighting progress, upcoming projects, use of innovative tools, and success metrics.
TDM Staff Report
City Tour 2019 Debrief
Myles Rademen provided an overview of Leadership’s 2019 City Tour to Crested Butte, Montrose, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
CityTour 2019 Debrief Report
Attachment A: PC 2019 City Tour Report
Leadership Park City Class 25 Project Presentation
Representatives from Leadership Park City Class 25 presented their Class project: Community Wildfire Preparedness. The project goal was to increase community awareness about wildfire risk, and encourage homeowners to protect their homes against wildfire. The project included public outreach and education, a community resource guide, and a landscape analysis of soil carbon content.
Class 25 Project Debrief Staff Report
Wildfire Preparedness Resource Guide Presentation
Council approved the following items on the consent agenda:
- A Professional Services Agreement (PSA) with RideAmigos for $24,995.00 for up to three years. RideAmigos is a web and mobile-based platform designed to assist with vehicle trip reduction.
RideAmigos Staff Report
- Resolution 19-2019, authorizing specified City staff to make changes to the Utah Public Treasurers’ Investment Fund (PTIF) accounts.
PTIF Staff Report
PTIF Entity Resolution Form
- A Professional Service Agreement with Electric Highway Co. for $49,940.00 for electric vehicle charging equipment on City properties.
Charging Stations Staff Report EV Charger Installation Scope of Services
Appendix A: Locations of EV Charger installations
Appendix B: Existing Charger Locations
Council discussed the following old business item:
- Special service contracts in support of the Community Critical Priority of Social Equity.
Special Service Contracts Staff Report
Special Service Contract Round Two RFP
Council approved the following new business items:
- The continuation of an ordinance amending Lots 9, 10, and 11 of the Aerie Phase I, located at 1312, 1324, and 1336 Aerie Drive in Park City. This item was continued to the Council meeting on October 10.
The Aerie Phase I Staff Report
- Ordinance 2019-50, approving the third amendment to the first amended and restated Nakoma Condominium Plat located at 8782 Marsac Avenue, Nakoma Unit 17 in Park City.
Nakoma Condominium Plat Staff Report
Exhibit A: Existing and Proposed Condo Plat
Exhibit B: Amended Development Agreement
Exhibit C: Technical Reports
Exhibit D: September 11, 2019 PC Meeting Staff Report
Exhibit E: September 11, 2019 PC Meeting Minutes
Exhibit F: Notice of City Council Action
UPCOMING CITY MEETINGS
- Historic Preservation Board Meeting: 10/2, 5:00 p.m. at City Hall
- Planning Commission Meeting: 10/9, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall
- City Council Meeting: 10/10, 6:00 p.m. at City Hall
Interested in tuning in to listen to the 9/26 Council meeting in its entirety? Visit the following link to access audio from the meeting. Audio from Park City Council meetings is now offered with closed captioning.
Want to stay apprised of City news, events, and upcoming City Council meetings? Like our Facebook page or consider signing up for our e-notify program, which delivers the latest City news and event information directly to your inbox.
This is an unofficial summary of the meeting. To read the official minutes; please visit the meetings page on the city's website. Minutes are posted once they are approved.
- Sep 12
This post was not retweeted
- Sep 11
This post was not retweeted