LOWELL AVENUE UPDATE – APRIL 2017
The Park City Municipal Corporation has been working on contract issues with Granite Construction to continue the work on Lowell Avenue that was suspended this year.
Work on Lowell Avenue will begin April 17, 2017.
Crews will begin installing a temporary bypass water and sewer line between the Manor Way intersection and 11th Street. They will then focus on the utility work at the Manor Way intersection through mid-June.
MEET THE CONTRACTOR INFORMATION MEETING
A public information meeting was held on April 6, 2017. For the information presented, please click on the graphic below.
The design has not changed and work will proceed as previously planned. For a project map showing the design, click here.
To be put on the construction email update list, send an email to email@example.com.
The Park City Municipal Corporation is planning improvements to Lowell Avenue including upgrading utilities and roadway reconstruction. The project will run from Manor Way to the curve heading to Empire Avenue. The map below shows the project limits.
The upgrades to the current infrastructure will remain within the current right-of-way in order to minimize impacts to the adjacent property owners. The width and the layout of the road will change slightly due to this project. The specific improvements along the corridor will:
- Replace the 50+ year old sanitary sewer line.
- Upgrade the existing water distribution line including the service line connections and water meters to properties. Please note this is a different waterline from the transmission waterline that was placed in 2014. The transmission waterline was a time sensitive project that was completed using federal funds.
- Improve drainage in the area.
- Reconstruct the roadway pavement and gutter.
- Provide new signage as identified.
Construction is scheduled to take place during the shoulder and summer seasons of 2017.
If you are interested in receiving project updates, please email Kim Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her at 801.903.8327.