445 Marsac Avenue
P. O. Box 1480
Park City, Utah 84060
Phone: (435) 615-5025; Fax (435) 615-4916
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The mission of the City Attorney's Office is to provide legal counsel to and advocate on behalf of the Mayor, City Council, and City officers, and to support municipal operations, programs and community policies. The City Attorney is responsible for and conducts all the law business of the City and its agencies. By representing and counseling the City on the legal issues it faces, the City Attorney's Office will perform public service in the best traditions of the legal profession; will strive to create a dynamic working environment of cooperation, competence, initiative, respect, integrity, and teamwork; and will ensure that the department continues as a respected and esteemed public law office.
To accomplish our mission, we strive:
- To support the Mayor and City Council in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives; and
- To provide objective, accurate, concise, and timely legal advice that facilitates informed decision-making and effective policy development by the City Council and implementation by the City Manager and staff; and
- To counsel the Mayor, City Council, City Departments, and the Boards and Commission as they establish and administer policies and programs to benefit Park City residents and visitors; and
- To provide City officials and departments with high quality, efficient, and effective legal services, advice and opinions and ethics enforcement; and to represent the City's interests in litigation, contractual agreements, negotiations, and land use and building issues; and
- To work closely with the City's elected and appointed officials, participate in programs and services which focus on making the community safe and attractive, and to assist in implementing creative planning to stimulate economic development and other City Council goals; and
- To serve the community and interests of justice with effective prosecution, ordinance preparation and enforcement; and
- To proactively engage in problem solving, alternative dispute resolution, and to facilitate community mediation to resolve neighborhood issues and disputes.
Mark D. Harrington, City Attorney
Thomas A. Daley, Sr., Deputy City Attorney
Polly Samuels McLean, Assistant City Attorney
Tricia Lake, Assistant City Attorney/City Prosecutor
Yvette Gillespie, Paralegal
Lisa Roadfuss, Paralegal
Public Defender: Grant W. P. Morrison, Esq.
Morrison & Morrison
5957 South Redwood Road, Suite 101, Taylorsville, UT 84123
(801) 359-7999; fax (801) 590-9368
Park City Bar Association
Public Hearing Handbook [PDF]