Park City Council Meeting Summary November 15, 2018
IN THE WORK SESSION
Open Meetings Training Presentation
Mark Harrington, City Attorney, provided Council with the annual open meetings training to ensure compliance with the Open Meetings Act. A few key suggestions and takeaways from the training included:
- Spirit of the Act: act openly, make decisions openly, deliberate openly, and conduct the people’s business openly
- Adherence to ethics is important in public work and it legitimizes the decision making process
Open Meetings Training Presentation
2018 Park Silly Sunday Market Debrief
Park Silly Sunday Market representatives, alongside Jenny Diersen, Special Event and Economic Development Program Manager, shared a presentation on the 2018 Park Silly Sunday Market season. The presentation included attendance numbers, transit ridership statistics, financial considerations, and sustainability measures. They reviewed potential dates for the 2019 market, and asked for Council’s approval. The current City contract with Park Silly Sunday Market continues through 2020.
2019 World Championship Overview
Park City Municipal’s Special Event and Economic Development Program Manager, Jenny Diersen, presented an overview of the 2019 World Championship event, alongside U.S. Ski and Snowboard representatives Tiger Shaw, Calum Clark and Lindsey Arnold. The event is scheduled for February 1-10, 2018, which will cross over with the end of this year’s Sundance Film Festival for one day. There is strong emphasis on transportation, sustainability, and collaboration with community members to help ensure a successful event. Athletes will travel from around the world to break boundaries within the sport, partake in new competitions, and participate in new Olympic events for the first time.
IN THE REGULAR MEETING
Mindy Finlinson was appointed as the City Treasurer, as proposed by the City Manager.
Park City Public Art Advisory Board
Samantha Osselaer was appointed to fulfill a vacant term on the Park City Public Art Advisory. The term will end after June 2020.
STAFF COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES
Special Event Fee Reduction Approvals, FY2019 Part 2
Special Event fee reductions help to supplement expenses for Park City special events. These fee reductions are covered through a general fun within department budgets, which is mostly compiled of sales and property tax.
Fee Reduction Staff Report
Exhibit A: Special Event Fee Reduction Background
Exhibit B: Special Event Fee Reduction Summary
Bonanza Flat Update
Heinrich Deters presented an update on Bonanza Flat land management and discussions with Brighton Estates residents. He noted that black pipe and rope lines will be removed from the property for the winter season.
Council approved the following new business items:
- Ordinance 2018-56, an ordinance approving the Shadow Ridge Condominiums third amended condominium plat, which amends units 4001, 4002, 4216, 4217, 4316, 4317, 4416, and 4417. Condominiums are located at 50 Shadow Ridge Road. Bruce Erickson, Planning Director, noted that they planned to remove some of the closets and change designation
- Ordinance 2018-57, an ordinance abandoning/vacating the Mine Cart Condominium record of survey map, which repeals a previous ordinance and approves the Mine Cart subdivision plat, a two lot subdivision, located at 553 Deer Valley Loop Road
553 Deer Valley Loop Rd Staff Report and Ordinance
553 Deer Valley Loop Rd Exhibits
- An agreement with Proterra for an electric bus battery lease. Electric bus batteries are necessary and leasing batteries protects the City from the minimal warranty associated with purchasing them. Proterra will assume the risk of the warranty
Proterra Battery Lease Staff Report
Park City Battery Lease
Battery Lease Agreement Appendices and Exhibits
Battery System Warranty
- Resolution 29-2018, which adopts the 2019 City Disposition List, a strategic plan for City-owned parcels with development potential
2019 Park City Disposition List and Resolution
- Ordinance 2018-58, an ordinance amending Park City’s Municipal Code, which regulates the review of disposals of significant parcels of real property
Property Disposal Staff Report and Ordinance
UPCOMING CITY MEETINGS
This is an unofficial summary of the meeting. To read the official minutes; please visit the meetings page on the city's website. Minutes are posted once they are approved.